Helping people take their next step towards Christ.
This is what is at the core of Open Bible Waverly:
1. We are Biblically accurate and culturally relevant. We teach the Bible in a way that is both useful and helpful.
2. We teach with passion and humility.We are passionate about what we believe and that comes across in our teaching.
3. We value simplicity over complexity.We give up many good things for a few great things.
4. We lead the way in generosity.We go above and beyond to give sacrificially to the work of God in our community, nation, and world.
5. We are fishers of men, not keepers of the aquarium.We do not cater to the personal preferences of a few in our desire to reach the many.
6. We value unity over uniformity.Uniformity says you must look like us, talk like us, and act like us to be one of us. Unity says we overlook our differences to achieve the vision God has given us.
7. We value family as the most important institution on earth.Marriage between a male and female was the first institution designed by God. Therefore, it will be of first importance to us. We will not grow the church at the expense of your family.
8. We are a place where grace and truth meet.All people are welcome here, and all people will hear the truth here. Grace shouldn’t dumb down sin, and truth shouldn’t isolate people from God.
9. We are a people of bold faith.We do what God wants us to do when He wants us to do it. We risk it all for Jesus.
10. We celebrate life together.Jesus came to give us an abundant life and we believe Him. In everything we do, we celebrate. Good times are not optional.
11. To reach all generations, we use every creative and
innovative method available.God is the author of all creativity and innovation.
12. Our number one desire is to be a place where God shows up
and shows off!More of Him and less of us!